A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Funny Scene In Bad Movie

I never thought Spaceballs was any good but it sells well on DVD. While no worse than Robin Hood: Men In Tights, it's just as bad. I watched it last night to be sure. The jokes are groan-inducing puns, Bill Pullman and Daphne Zuniga act like it's the first read-through, and for what comes across as a kids movie there's a lot of cursing for shock value. John Candy and Rick Moranis are great as usual.

The only bit that made me laugh was when John Hurt recreates his Alien role and a chestburster pops out of his stomach. The thing is cheap yet scary looking, and the close up on the teeth is nasty. The tight camera sets up the joke: a little hand pushes a little straw hat on his head and he song and dances his way out the room like Michigan J. Frog in the ultra-classic Warner Brothers cartoon "One Froggy Evening". When the alien sang in that Al Jolson voice "Hello my baby, hello my darlin’, hello my ragtime gal..." I fell over laughing.

Now THAT'S funny!

Here's pics of models and such: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home