A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Review: The Groovie Ghoulies - Travels With My Amp

The title led me to believe this was a live cd, but it's not. If there's anything not to love about The Groovie Ghoulies, please let me know so I can tell you to eat flaming poop. I demand that every album sound the same and be the soundtrack to my next Mad Monster Party party.

The Ghoulies don't smash the state but they do run with Bigfoot and take their hats off to Godzilla. Groovie Ghoulies songs: learn 'em, love 'em and forget what album they come from.

On this one "The Highwayman", "Hair Of Gold (And Skin Of Blue)" and "Criswell Predicts" stand out.

No real reason to review a cd from 2000 except to remind you that if you like your Ramonesy pop punk fun and danceable you can't go wrong with the Ghoulies. Compared to Blink 182 you'll also get more street-cred!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home