A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Moxie Crimefighter

Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller named his new daughter Moxie Crimefighter Jillette. Penn was a long time associate of The Residents , formed a record label (50 Skidillion Watts) just to release Half Japanese records and is behind the new film about the dirtiest joke ever. He's grabbed life by the short hairs and I think he's great. Anything he wants to do he does, and it's very inspiring. You go, guy!

I met Teller once. He's very nice and well spoken.

Jillette, 50, and his wife Emily, 39, welcomed Moxie CrimeFighter Jillette on Friday, according to publicist Glenn Schwartz. It was the first child for the couple, who married last year. "We chose her middle name because when she's pulled over for speeding she can say, `But officer, we're on the same side,'" Jillette explained. "`My middle name is CrimeFighter.'"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nice and well-spoken," huh? Try bringing up the subjects of alcohol or (G-d help you) religion around Mr. Perpetually-Ironic and see how fast he flies off the handle.

As a magician, Penn is supremely talented and very funny. As a human being, IMHO, he's a sneering, nerdy, reason-uber-alles bigot who's the very image of the science-as-religion militant atheist you've decried in other pieces.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger emerson said...

MikalM:

I said that Teller was nice and well spoken. Teller's the guy who doesn't talk.

Yeah, Penn's a loudmouth. I don't know much about what he's for or against. Whenever I see him on the tv he's usually good for a few yucks.

I'm not against atheists, only the ones who do it just because they hate religious people. I'm agnostic so I'm in there somewhere in the middle.

If you can direct me to something about him that'll make me hate Penn I'll read it. Just don't tell me Mr. Rogers was a foot sniffer. A boy needs a hero!

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home