A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bob Mould's Body Of Song's Bonus Disc's Worthiness

I'm a big fan of this, which I've had for a while, but just heard the bonus disc found on this. Don't blow the dough, Joe, unless you love both Black Sheets Of Rain and disco-fried club dub remixes. There's a reason why none of the songs on disc two made it to disc one. What the hell kind of titles are these?: (Shine Your) Light Love Hope [Morel's Pink Noise Mix] [Mix], (Shine Your) Light Love Hope [Morel's Pink Noise Dub] [Dub] and Paralyzed [Loudbomb Club Mix] [Mix].

I hope I never come to understand the secret code language of the disco world. Oy and Oi!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric XXL said...

The bonus disc is a disappointment. I don't get the whole remix thing, but then again I ain't high on meth and looking to score. As for the other tracks, the only worthy ones are Surveyors and Cranes (which would fit on Hubcap), My Old Friend (sounds like a Workbook outtake), and possibly Nihil. Not worth the 25 bucks I paid for the deluxe set which also included plenty of semi-nude photos of Mr Mould....

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home