A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Monday, August 15, 2005

Off The Punk Wagon And Lovin' It

I visit Interpunk on a regular basis just to see what's new and popular. I don't read zines anymore and a number of punk sites appear to be nothing more than corporate dumpsters for band announcements. Here's one. There's another.

I have no idea who these new bands are, and a while back I lost interest. I've poured a lot of time and money into keeping up with the (Steve) Joneses since 1976. I officially gave up buying music on a weekly basis maybe four years ago and I'm so happy to be out of the loop. And richer too (richer being a very relative statement).

I've always wondered how much it costs on a yearly basis to be current with "the scene". I have no idea what I've spent, but if I had invested everything I ever spent on pinball, comic books and records into early Microsoft stock I'd now own pinball machines, a gazillion comic books and every record I've ever heard of.

Ah, but that's what time travel is for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you not LUV punknews? Comments like 'anyone who supports this cd should be mutilated' are worth wading thru the shit fer sure!

Love, Stimpy

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home