A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Old Punk Memory 37H

Rock The Cashbar!

I saw The Clash on their 82-83 Combat Rock Tour. I saw so many camouflage pants (like in the video!) I knew one of my favorite bands had jumped the shark, crested the wave and abandoned all hope. Cut The Crap came out three years later and it once again proved the maxim that you shouldn't title your work with a word like crap if it's literally crap.

'Cause I know people I went backstage after the show and Saint Joseph Strummer, (oops, wrong pic. Try this) was hypnotizing a room of teenagers with earnest talk while dub reggae played on a boom box. Since then I noticed Joe probably couldn't even order a pizza without being passionately sincere.

He seemed nice enough and utterly harmless. Hey, if you google "Joe Strummer" and "bad teeth" you get 102 returns.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert G. said...

I saw them at The Ex on that tour. Opening act Black Uhuru blew them away, and sounded a hell of a lot better too.

But, really, is there anything cuter than 16-year-old girls in camo pants?

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Richard said...

I'm not old enough to hang on this site.

6:33 AM

 
Blogger emerson said...

Wait, Richard, didn't I check your license before you came in here?

7:37 AM

 
Blogger Robert G. said...

You do and do for the kids, and do they appreciate it?

7:52 AM

 
Blogger Richard said...

No, we don't.

9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home