A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Monday, May 30, 2005

Family Guy

I've seen the first three episodes of the new Family Guy and so far it's pretty weak. The first opened strong but faded quickly. "Fast Times at Buddy Cianci Jr. High" was up to snuff but the third one was lame. I hope things improve. It seems like they're working too hard recreate the magic of the old run and then take it up a notch.

I won't make the mistake of buying the DVDs for this or any new season. I had all the old episodes but bought the DVDs for the extras and commentaries, which wasn't worth it since creator Seth MacFarlane's commentary, edited for language, came up to a lot of dead air. I don't think he even tried to be informative. Eighty bucks down the drain to listen to the nothingness of deleted cursing. Brilliant, asshat.

PS: A serious mistake from the old run was to have Quagmire admit he's a registered child molester. Before that he was just a goofy perv like Larry from Three's Company. Then this season they make him a toilet freak. Another good move, asshats!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seth seems to be a talent suffering from the sophomore slump. The first run of Family Guy was great but this new run (and American Dad) just seemed forced.

Glad to see you made the move to blogs by the way. Loved your old site and I'm glad you have a format where you'll be likely to update more often.

9:47 PM

 
Blogger emerson said...

Thanks Anonymous!

Often when you write you say I suck so I'm glad this time you're in a good mood.

2:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the first two series but now as you say it's starting to suck, Nevermind back to the simpsons.

3:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I suspect I may be bi-polar. I read things on the internet with my name on them and most of the time I don't even remember writing them! Often, I'm have to hang my head in shame at the sheer asshattery I have written (possible while asleep). Fortunately, I seem to be lucid today.
Now I'm off to patrol the interweb and discover what other sorts of things I have written.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home