A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Green Day's Spinal Tap Moment

At my gym this morning (L.A. Crapness) I was treated to a recent live version of Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends". Billy Bob Joe Clem Skeeter Armweak dedicated it to the victims of hurricane Katrina. Tears welled up in my eyes. Not because of the song but from the hairy, smelly guy next to me.

All of a sudden, Billy Chester Buford screams "New England!" and the barely teen crowd cheers. God, why didn't he yell "Northeast United States Six State Region!". I immediately flashed to Spinal Tap's David St. Stubbins' line "We are Spinal Tap from the UK - you must be the USA!"

I also thought "Hello, Cleveland!", the crown jewel of touring band inanity. Then I hit the can and missed the part where the guy in the bunny suit comes out and everyone dances to "YMCA" (true story)

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Teenagers are an easy sell. What can you do?

6:43 AM

 
Blogger Robert G. said...

Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encore!

2:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home