A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I.R.S. Records Homepage

Holy Craparoni! I found a site exhaustively dedicated to I.R.S Records while seeking a track list for the compilation album that helped transition me from new wave to punk, 1981's I.R.S. GREATEST HITS VOLS 2 & 3:

Cold, Cold Shoes (Streng/Zaremba) The Fleshtones 2:37
Ain't That A Shame (James) Brian James 3:30
Baby Sign Here With Me (Badowski) Henry Badowski 3:49
Action Time Vision (Perry/Ferguson) Alternative TV 2:31
Backtrack (Tilbrook/Difford) Squeeze 2:19
Disgracing The Family Name (Skafish) Skafish 3:29
Wait For The Blackout (Scabies/Sensible/Gray/Vanian/Karloff) The Damned 3:55
Thrills (Kent) Klark Kent 2:15
Straighten Out (Stranglers) The Stranglers 2:48
Urban Kids (October/Martin/Perry/Ferguson) Chelsea 2:55
Uranium Rock (Smith) The Cramps 2:24
I Live In The City (Storm) Humans 2:15
Fallout (Copeland) The Police 2:01
Can't Keep Away (Robinson/Burt/Blanchard) Tom Robinson/Sector 27 3:01
Memphis (Berry) John Cale 3:15
Mess Around (Ertegun) Jools Holland 2:23
Jukebox (Hyde) Payola$ 2:46
Rebellious Jukebox (Smith/Bramah) The Fall 2:54
Computer Datin' (Martin) Patrick D Martin 2:42
Only A Lad (Elfman) Oingo Boingo 3:31
You Say You Don't Love Me (Shelley) Buzzcocks 2:55
Office Girls (Kent) Klark Kent 2:10
Lips (Nariz) Wazmo Nariz 5:24
Sodium Pentathol Negative (Fashion) Fashion 1:52

I.R.S.'s artist roster puts Stiff to shame (nothing against Stiff), and they put out the movie Urgh! A Music War. This site is a gift.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be no escape from Skafish.

9:34 AM

 
Blogger emerson said...

I'd break his nose, but I only have two hands.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home