A sub-division of oldpunks.com

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Vinnie Wuvs David

Vinnie from England wrote to say I wasn't qualified to think David Bowie's career jumped the shark with "Let's Dance". He went on to assert that if I spent time in England I'd also understand the genius of Tin Machine. If only I knew what he knows and experienced the local colour like he does.

It took me a while to get over that guys named Vinnie live in England. I normally don't think of Italians having bad teeth, but here goes (also, don't miss The Big Book Of British Smiles). Years ago a faux-zen martial arts guys told me I couldn't have an opinion on a martial art unless I'd studied it for five years. Then he sat back with a very smug smile I would have loved to wipe off his face except he'd have hurt me too much.

I don't need to visit Lower Uncton to know "Let's Dance" was a major letdown after Scary Monsters, and defending Tin Machine is a lost cause long forgotten.

I don't know Vinnie's age but as an old punk I could easily be right when I say that I knew entire Bowie albums by heart before his parents even met. So there, Vinnie from the UK with the bad teeth. I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food-trough water! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lodger was the last decent Bowie record.

END OF DISCUSSION!

Love,

Stimpy

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home